Guide to Express Services
Library staff welcomes you into the library to browse and checkout library materials, utilize public computers and printing, access the photocopier and scanner, pay fines and fees, and see your favorite friendly neighborhood faces. Masks are required at library programs and inside the building, and we ask that you limit your group size and your time inside.
Library operating hours are Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, 10:00am-9:00pm and Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday 10:00am-5:00pm and Sunday 1:00pm-5:00pm. You can always still reach us for assistance by email (email@example.com) and phone (732-572-2750).
Guidelines for Public Indoor Use of Highland Park Public Library
- All (staff and public over the age of 2) are required to wear masks that cover the mouth and nose at all times on library property. If a member of the public is unable to wear a mask, contact-less services can be provided.
- Disposable masks and/or gloves are available upon request.
- Hand sanitizer is available at the entrance/exit, at all service desks, and throughout the building.
- Visitors are encouraged to “grab and go” when browsing library collections, and staff will manage a one-hour time limit at computers.
- Please call ahead to speak with a librarian if you believe you need assistance so that we can best prepare for your visit.
- We ask that social distancing guidelines be observed throughout the library building.
- Some computers have been disabled or moved to allow for social distancing.
- Printing is available for public computer use or express pickup at the cost of $0.15/page for black & white and $0.30/page for color.
- Restrooms are accessible.
- Used masks, gloves, and other materials should be disposed of appropriately.
- Study spaces and meeting rooms are not currently available.
- Food and drink must be consumed outside of the library building.
- No toys are accessible in the children’s area.
Additional Express Services, Programs & Customer Support
- Express pickup services continue to be offered for library materials and printouts by request (www.hpplnj.org/pickups).
- Requests for inter-library loan can be made, and will be filled at the discretion of the owning library.
- Photocopying and scanning is available.
- Notary Service is available by appointment.
- HP Municipal ID Cards are available by appointment.
- Exam Proctoring is available by appointment for Highland Park residents.
- Payment of fines/printing/photocopies accepted with cash or check; donations accepted with cash, check, or via PayPal (www.paypal.me/hpplnj)
- In-person programs and meetings in the library building are not permitted until further notice. The library continues to offer a wide variety of outdoor (weather-permitting) and virtual programming opportunities for all ages.