Guide to Express Services
Library staff is thrilled to announce that we’ve expanded in-person services, and you are now invited to come in to browse and checkout library materials, utilize public computers and printing, access the photocopier and scanner, pay fines and fees, and see your favorite friendly neighborhood faces. The library is limiting overall capacity, and we ask that you limit your group size and prepare to keep your visit to under an hour. The building is sanitized daily in the morning. Public and staff restrooms are thoroughly cleaned daily in the morning. Staff regularly wipe down frequently touched surfaces (including door handles) and workstations. To the extent possible, external windows will remain open throughout the building, weather-permitting.
Library operating hours are Monday and Thursday, 10:00am-9:00pm and Tuesday,* Wednesday, and Friday, 10:00am-5:00pm. (*Note: the Library is reopening on Tuesday evenings as of May 18, 2021!) The library is closed on Saturdays & Sundays until further notice. You can always still reach us for assistance by email (email@example.com) and phone (732-572-2750).
Guidelines for Public Indoor Use of Highland Park Public Library
- All (staff and public over the age of 2) are required to wear masks that cover the mouth and nose at all times on library property. If a member of the public is unable to wear a mask, contact-less services can be provided.
- Limited supply of disposable masks and/or gloves are available upon request.
- Hand sanitizer is available at the entrance/exit, at all service desks, and throughout the building.
- Library staff reserve the right to limit access to the building based on capacity restrictions: capacity is limited to 10 people in the Children’s Room at any one time, and 26 people at any time throughout the rest of the building, not including staff/staff-only areas. Staff will count capacity at ½-hour intervals.
- Visitors are encouraged to “grab and go” when browsing library collections, and staff will manage a one-hour time limit at computer and seating areas.
- The library will be able to offer only very limited in-person assistance at the shelves or on computers. Please call ahead to speak with a librarian if you believe you need assistance so that we can best prepare for your visit.
- Social distancing guidelines must be adhered to throughout the library building.
- Distance markers are provided where lines form.
- Seating and furniture has been rearranged to limit gathering, and in many areas seating has been removed entirely.
- Outdoor seating will be added depending on weather, staffing and other scheduled events.
- Some computers have been disabled or moved to allow for social distancing.
- Printing is available for public computer use or express pickup at the cost of $0.15/page.
- Restrooms are accessible.
- Used masks, gloves, and other materials should be disposed of appropriately.
- Study spaces and meeting rooms will not be available.
- Food and drink must be consumed outside of the library building.
- No toys will be accessible in the children’s area.
Additional Express Services, Programs & Customer Support
- Express pickup services continue to be offered for library materials and printouts (www.hpplnj.org/pickups)
- Requests for inter-library loan can be made, and will be filled at the discretion of the owning library
- Photocopying and scanning is available
- Notary Service available by appointment only
- COMING SOON: Municipal ID Cards available by appointment only
- Payment of fines/printing/photocopies accepted with cash or check; donations accepted with cash, check, or via PayPal (www.paypal.me/hpplnj)
- Book returns are only accepted through the outdoor book drops
- In-person programs and meetings in the library building are not permitted until further notice. The library continues to offer a wide variety of outdoor (weather-permitting) and virtual programming opportunities for all ages.