Highland Park Public Library cardholders can download eAudiobooks and eBooks to their computers and portable devices at any time of the day, from the comfort of their own homes or on the road!
As always if you need any help please feel free to visit the Librarians at the Information Desk, call us at 732-572-2750 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
ELIBRARYNJ- Download and stream free audiobooks and eBooks on your devices.
To access digital books and audiobooks through http://www.elibrarynj.com you will need:
- A valid Highland Park Public Library card and your PIN.
- Depending on your device you may need free software which is available from eLibraryNJ. Visit eLibraryNJ help for more information.
- When you sign in to http://www.elibrarynj.com please select Highland Park Public Library from the list of libraries.
- There is a check out limit of 5 items at a time. Loan periods are customizeable and can be set up in the settings tab.
- You can place up to 5 titles on hold at one time. You will receive an email notification when a title becomes available. Once the notice is sent, you will have 72 hours to borrow the title. If you don’t retrieve it in time, your request will be canceled.
- Items without a hold list can be renewed for an additional lending period. If this option is available Overdrive will email you shortly before the due date with instructions.
Libby is OverDrive’s new, easy to use one-tap reading app for borrowing digital books and audiobooks from elibrarynj.com
- Install the Libby, by Overdrive app from the App store of your choice.
- Follow the install directions on the app.
- Open the App and find Highland Park Library by zip code.
- When prompted sign in with your library card and PIN (last 4-digits of phone number).
- Browse the library’s collection and borrow a title.
- Borrowed titles will appear on your shelf, you can download them to your device so you can read or listen to them offline.
This free app is available for Android, iOS and Windows devices.
Other Websites from which to obtain free eBooks
Many of the following websites offer freely available eBooks, usually classics, which are
in the public domain. Not all titles and websites may work for all types of eReaders.
- Free Tech Books
- Project Gutenberg
- Internet Archive
- Planet eBook
Please contact the reference desk at (732) 572-2750 or email@example.com