Highland Park Public Library cardholders can download eAudiobooks and eBooks to their computers and portable devices at any time of the day, from the comfort of their own homes or on the road!
As always if you need any help please feel free to visit the Librarians at the Information Desk, call us at 732-572-2750 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
ELIBRARYNJ- Download and stream free audiobooks and eBooks on your devices.
To access digital books and audiobooks through http://www.elibrarynj.com you will need:
- A valid Highland Park Public Library card and your PIN.
- Depending on your device you may need free software which is available from eLibraryNJ. Visit eLibraryNJ help for more information.
- When you sign in to http://www.elibrarynj.com please select Libraries of Middlesex Automation Consortium from the list of libraries.
LIBBY APP is OverDrive’s easy to use one-tap reading app for borrowing digital books and audiobooks from elibrarynj.com
- Install the Libby, by Overdrive app from the App store of your choice.
- Follow the install directions on the app.
- Open the App and find Libraries of Middlesex Automation Consortium.
- When prompted sign in with your library card and PIN (last 4-digits of phone number).
- Browse the library’s collection and borrow a title.
- Borrowed titles will appear on your shelf, you can download them to your device so you can read or listen to them offline.
This free app is available for Android, iOS and Windows devices.
- There is a check out limit of 5 items at a time. Loan periods are customizeable and can be set up in the settings tab.
- You can place up to 5 titles on hold at one time. You will receive an email notification when a title becomes available. Once the notice is sent, you will have 72 hours to borrow the title. If you don’t retrieve it in time, your request will be canceled.
- Items without a hold list can be renewed for an additional lending period. If this option is available Overdrive will email you shortly before the due date with instructions.
Other Websites from which to obtain free eBooks
Many of the following websites offer freely available eBooks, usually classics, which are
in the public domain. Not all titles and websites may work for all types of eReaders.
Please contact the reference desk at (732) 572-2750 or email@example.com